...and spending everything i've saved for the last two and a half years on all seven continents!

24 March 2011

Worst Delay Ever

I booked a flight from Belem to Rio so that I'd land approximately 20 minutes before Theo was supposed to land. I check my e-mail however to see the most unfortunate message: "Stuck in DC." Theo's flight ended up being delayed going out of DC and then again going out of Sao Paolo. We lost an entire day because of the (in total) ten hour delay. Boo.

But he finally made it and I couldn't be happier!! We spent two full days in Rio seeing the Christ the Redeemer statue on Corcovado, Sugarloaf, the Lapa Arches, the Santa Teresa train, and of course the beach. We left Rio for Ilha Grande and despite the clouds and the rain, saw some really beautiful beaches. We also spent a few hours snorkeling and discovered that Theo's eardrum is no longer blown and that his new underwater camera case is awesomely functional! Now on an 18 hour bus ride from Rio to Florianopolis, Theo is recovering from some unfortunate sunburns and I am basking in the joy of getting to finally share some of my traveling experiences with him :)

Next Up: Florianopolis, Foz do Iguacu, and Sao Paolo!

No comments:

Post a Comment