...and spending everything i've saved for the last two and a half years on all seven continents!

30 January 2011

Torres del Paine

I will be out of touch again as I embark on my first multi-day hike through the Torres del Paine National Park in Chile! If you don't know where I'm talking about, Google it... it's supposed to be beautiful. I'm doing the full circuit, an 8-10 day trek, but a group of 10 other people and I are planning/hoping for 6 days. We have to bring everything with us - tents, sleeping bags, stoves, propane, food for 10 days, etc... Pack is super heavy but I'm hoping to make it the 62 miles. The goal is to get back in time for superbowl sunday to see Rodgers take the Packers all the way! It may end up taking us the full 10 days though so if I don't post before then, don't worry, I will get through it eventually and I'll update as soon as I'm back in Puerto Natales safely :)

What are you doing this week?! Update me :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kim this is George and to up date you on our activities, we went to Nick and his family this past Saturday and shared the Antarctica email, he will be subscribing. We had fun BBQ'ing and having some quality family time.
    Elyse and I are wishing for the best on Sam's (E's dad) Doc appointment, on pins and needles.
    Off to Calistoga Friday AM for the Wine tasting tour Theo's got us for the hoildays.
    The week after that up to Seattle to see Theo, Lisa and my aunt.
    Thinking about you and sending our love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like everything is great back home and I hope everything is okay with Poppy too! Rumor has it you've got a heavenly bed waiting for you when you get to Seattle... I'm jealous of where you're staying and especially of who you're visiting :)

    ReplyDelete