...and spending everything i've saved for the last two and a half years on all seven continents!

18 September 2011

Mt. Sinai


I hiked Mt. Sinai! I left on an 11pm bus from Dahab, got no sleep because of loud, drunk, and singing Russians, and grumpily side-stepped camel poo on my way to the top. It was about 2.5 hours up and me and my friends didn't appreciate our guide who seemed to be rushing us to the top. He was moderately entertaining in that he named our group "Jimmy" (or maybe that was his name?) and he'd yell "JIMMY!" every twenty minutes or so. Like someone with turrets :)




The starry sky was incredible! The views were spectacular as the sun was rising! Great topography! Altitude made it cold though and my friends and I sat there freezing at the top until the sun came up. We didn't even bother with the St. Katherine monastery on the way down - too tired. The Russians were already passed out in our transport van when we got down :)

No comments:

Post a Comment