...and spending everything i've saved for the last two and a half years on all seven continents!

23 September 2011

"Ahh Home, Let Me Go Home"

(For days, Edward Sharpe and the Magentic Zeros' "Home" was stuck in my head...)

After about 20 hours of flying time (14 hours DXB-IAD, 5 hours IAD-LAX), I'm finally home! Mom was waiting for me at the airport and I think we were both so happy we almost cried. Good thing the luggage carousel was there to distract us :)

I had dim sum for my first meal back and it was incredible; Oceanstar in Monterey Park is pretty much the best place ever! I am now getting used to a few weeks of cushy living - it's definitely an adjustment: My first night back, I woke up thinking I was either late for something or trapped somewhere - I simply didn't know where I was. In the dark, I groped for my purse and started trying to find a way out. Luckily, I chanced upon the light switch and realized I was home. Really weird!

Anyway, I've got Israel, Jordan, Dubai, and The Kindness of Strangers to update you all on and then I'll give the blog a rest for a bit since life in the US isn't all that interesting :)

Thank you so much for following me in my travels so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment