...and spending everything i've saved for the last two and a half years on all seven continents!

14 April 2011

Hello from Africa!

I have arrived safely in Johannesburg and have spent a few lovely days at the Mo Afrika Lodge. I feel safe at the lodge and I've had a chance to rest and recover a bit from a crazy last week in South America. I've visited the nations capital - Pretoria is beautiful (!), been freaked out by bathrooms based on scare-stories, played spot-the-white-person in downtown Johannesburg, ate an amazing Shebeen lunch in Soweto, and felt really moved by some of the things I saw at the Apartheid Museum. I leave Johannesburg tomorrow for Mbabane, Swaziland... I plan to pop into Africa's only remaining monarch for a day or two and then head to Durban. Good times! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment