...and spending everything i've saved for the last two and a half years on all seven continents!

29 April 2011

Cape Town to Cairo!

And we're off!


Today marks the start of my 16 week overland trip from Cape Town, South Africa to Cairo, Egypt! 16 weeks of traveling on a truck, pitching a tent, and camping every night. (!!!)


We loaded the truck and then set off from Cape Town at 8am this morning. First stop: Stellenbosch. I had been to Stellenbosch before, but I don't remember it being this amazingly beautiful!


We visited wineries in Franschhoek and Paarl and I ended up buying 9 bottles of wine. I couldn't say no! I spent $43 in total and they were very nice wines! (I wanted to send some home, but the wineries we visited either didn't ship to the U.S. or I was warned that shipments never made it...)

So here I go! We have a four hour drive in South Africa tomorrow and then we'll cross into Namibia where I think I'll end up celebrating my 25th birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment